Posted on August 4, 2017Active
We are a fast-growing innovator in education and nonfiction. Our authors are heavy-hitters in the field: award-winning administrators, superintendents of major school districts, leaders on digital learning, and trailblazing teachers. We have a dedicated team of editors, designers, and managers, and we are looking to add another strong proofreader.
The proofreader will need to adapt to our house style and turn around quality work on tight deadlines. Manuscripts typically run between 30,000 to 40,000 words, and we usually have a schedule of 3 to 5 days for proofreading. Most projects should take 7-10; we pay a fixed, per-project rate. We would like to find a proofreader who can assist with 8-15 books per year.
– Proofreading experience in educational and/or nonfiction markets
– Command of AP and APA conventions
– Familiarity with proofing markups in PDF
– Strong communication skills via email and apps such as Voxer
– Some weekend availability
– Proofread 30,000 to 40,0000-word manuscripts in 3 to 5 days
– Confirm adherence to house style and AP/APA standards
– Ensure consistency in design
– Light fact-checking (e.g., accuracy of chapter epigraphs)
– Review images, graphics, QR codes, and captions
– Match chapter titles and subtitles against the TOC
– Respond to communications from project manager within 24 hours
There are no bids yet.